Friday, May 16, 2008

Mango tree fruit still life watercolor painting

This mango tree is down the road from my house in Satellite Beach Florida. Every day when I drive home I have to pass this tree with about 100 fully ripe mangoes dangling from it's branches. It reminds me of when I go on my weekend bicycle rides through Merritt Island down a road called Tropical Trail. It is so beautiful here. But I am only here temporarily as I leave soon to be stationed in Ft Benning Ga. I am a Infantry Soldier with an artist dying to get out, when I retire from the Army. But I have over 20 years, I am eligible to retire. One day I will move back to the home of the mangoes, Brevard County Florida.

Origin: The mango is native to southern Asia, especially Burma and eastern India. It spread early on to Malaya, eastern Asia and eastern Africa. Mangos were introduced to California (Santa Barbara) in 1880.

Mango tree fruit watercolor tropical art fine art print 11 x 14 inches below for 25 plus 7 shipping.




Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $32 USD
Or, send me an email

View more art at my gallery at
Still Life Paintings

3 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

These spring flowers are absolutely beautiful. I also admire you painting everyday.

Derek McCrea said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my art, I am trying to keep painting everyday. If I can find the time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art!