Sunday, January 13, 2008

Waves surf art watercolor painting seascape


Waves

I lived in Satellite Beach, Florida when I completed this painting. In May 2007, there were numerous major tropical storms off of the Atlantic Coast of the United States. One of my past time hobbies is saltwater fishing. While fishing one day I noticed the beauty in the crashing waves and horizon as the storm was approaching the beach. I was drawn to paint this scene as the natural seascape’s action energized my senses.

I started the painting by using the wet on wet technique with the sky. Watercolors are magical in their ability to create effects that can not be duplicated. I love doing wet on wet as the end result is a one of a kind work. Where the ocean meets the sky to the southeast a storm is approaching, causing medium winds and crashing waves. If you have been to the beach you know what rain looks like at a distance. You can not see the rain, but you can see the change in color near the horizon. And you ask yourself, “Is it headed this way?”

There is nothing I love more than capturing nature’s beauty. Imagine the sound of crashing waves and seagulls, the smell of the salt air, and the wind on your face. This is what I feel when I look at this painting. I remember good times on vacation when this atmosphere alone makes everything ok. It is just me and the ocean, no one else, no worries.

I grew up in a small town nowhere near the ocean. When I was younger I would go to the beach and immediately feel a happiness I can not describe in words. Even now, that I live just blocks from the beach, I still go on romantic walks in the evening on the beach and nothing in the world compares to the emotions created by the attraction of the sea. I have and always will be a romantic. 22 x 30 inch large watercolor 799 dollars plus 20 for shipping and insurance.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $819 USD
Or, send me an email

View more art at my gallery at
Beach Paintings

No comments: